1. Readings: All readings are required, unless noted otherwise.
2. Submitting assignments: Assignments must be submitted as attachments to email and sent to the instructor's email address. I will then send you an email acknowledging that I have received, opened, and printed your attachment. If I cannot open your attachment, or if your attachment does not contain a readable paper, I will consider the paper not to have been submitted.
3. Late Assignments: You will be penalized 1/3 of a grade (e.g. from an A- to a B+) per day late.
4. Missed Classes For Activities: If you have an unavoidable conflict please notify me via email one week prior to the class you expect to miss. You will also be expected to submit a response paper by the start of the missed class that critically evaluates two of the assigned readings. The response paper should be approximately four double-spaced pages (12pt font, 1" margins), and it should go beyond a simple summary. Rather, I want you to really engage with the readings. Questions you might address include: what are the papers' weaknesses? Are the papers' conclusions supported by the evidence? What other research questions might be inspired by the papers, and how would you investigate those questions empirically? What additional evidence do you think the papers should have included? It is permissible to consider each paper separately or to think about them together (how do they reinforce or contradict each other).
5. Missed Classes For Illness: If you need to miss a class for illness, please email me to let me know and also provide me with a doctor's note as soon as realistically possible. You will also be expected to submit a 4 page response (see above) due at 9:30am one week after your missed class.