2. “The key to the science of jurisprudence”: understanding rules, law, and legal systems
3. “Laws, like sausages...”: statute, case law, and practical authority
4. Hercules and antipositivism: judge as inevitable legislator?
5: “What the judge has had for breakfast”: against legal formalism?
6. The internality of law: principle and policy in legal argument
7. Humpty Dumpty presiding: on legal interpretation
8. Orientation (reprise): briefing on second writing project
8. Citation, citation, citation.
9. Dangerous precedents: exercises in reading and analysing cases
10. Doing it in style: exercises in writing and expression
11. [Project work]
12. [Individual feedback]
13. Discussion, analysis, reflection.