Applied Japanese (4):Everyday Conversation (L2)
This course is designed for students who have already acquired very basic communication skills. The aim of this course is to help students acquire communicative skills, especially listening and speaking skills, using basic knowledge of Japanese which is necessary for on and off campus situations.
Specifically, by the end of the course, students are expected to be able to
1) communicate in a simple and direct exchange of information on social familiar matters.
2) put their acquired grammar and vocabulary knowledge into use with well balanced accuracy, fluency, and complexity.
3) express their own ideas and opinions effectively using simple expressions.
4) suit the manner of speech to the person, situation, and topic properly.
5) understand basic words and phrases on familiar matters and understand the main ideas of a little complex messages.
6) learn communication strategies through interaction.
7) develop self-monitoring of language use and autonomous learning abilities.