0. Extra registration with emails
If you are going to attend this class, please send your emails to ***** and ***** with a subject "BOC-1". We may send emails to you about this class. Please also check UTAS for additional information. In Isobe's class, we will use ZOOM. Registration of ZOOM via your ECCS account is highly recommended: https://utelecon.github.io/***** . After ca. 10 min, you may not be able to join the class. Handouts should be obtained via UTAS in principle.
1. Subjects of this class
The following basic concepts of organic chemistry will be introduced.
(1) Understand the concept of electron-donation and withdrawal (Hammett rule) using molecular orbital theory
(2) Structure and molecular orbitals of non-classical carbocations
(3) Recent progress of supramolecular chemistry and molecular assembly
(4) Introduction of molecular orbital calculations and evaluation of accuracy
(5) Kinetics, thermodynamics, selectivity, effect of metal catalyst in aldol reaction
(6) Carbon-carbon bond fission of carbonyl compounds by photoreaction
(7) Structure and reactivity of main-group and transition-metal complexes
(8) Structure and reactivity of ate complexes and related molecules
(9) Catalytic cycle for hydrogenation of alkene and cross-coupling reaction using homogeneous catalyst